FIJI ISLANDS HOME
BOOKING & INFO CENTER:
Fiji Family Holidays Guide
Family holidays in Fiji have been popular for a few generations, especially for Australian and New Zealand families who have easy international access to Nadi Airport from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland. Originally it was the famous Coral Coast family hotels and resorts that were the main drawcard. Just 3-4 hours on the plane and a further 1-2 hrs road transfer from Nadi International Airport. So one can leave home in the morning and be enjoying a family holiday in Fiji by the late afternoon. Perfect!
Family accommodation in Fiji - a variety of choices
- The Coral Coast - favourite family resorts here include the Fiji Hideaway Resort & Spa, Crusoe's Retreat, The Warwick and The Naviti. All have kids clubs, babysitting options and lots of activities. For those looking for more independence, there are many other smaller resorts along the coast.
- Nadi has some resorts around the Nadi Bay including Club Fiji Resort, Beachside Resort, the Anchorage and First Landing Resort. Or go two hours or so northwards to Wananavu Resort and offshore options on Nananu-i-Ra Island.
- In the Mamanucas, Mana Island Resort is family-friendly, as is the Plantation Resort. Treasure Island is great for the older kids as it has lots of watersports activities. There are many other family options in the Mamanucas also, such as the private holiday home rental on Malolo LaiLai Island of The Reef House, which offers a spacious home away from home and accommodates up to 8 persons.
- Pacific Harbour further down the coast is called the Adventure Capital of Fiji, so lots to do especially for the older children. Fishing, kayaking, jet skis, river rafting and more! Scuba Diving can be arranged with Aqua-Trek Beqa, based at The Pearl South Pacific resort. A good all-round family holiday option. The Island of Beqa (a boat transfer from Pacific Harbour) offers more island resorts including the Lawaki Beach House
- In the north, Savusavu and Taveuni offer some good family accommodation, and a chance to experience more about Fiji culture. This is great relaxing Fiji family getaway material! The Tui Tai Adventure Cruise ship offers several cruising options to explore more remote islands and a chance for mountain biking at the Taveuni stop, snorkelling in the Ringgold Reefs and more. On Taveuni, Karin's Garden is a 2 bedroom cottage ideal for quiet family getaway, or try the nearby all-inclusive Maravu Resort.
- There are so many family-friendly destinations so please check out the regional links at the top of this page to view what each region has to offer.
Fijians and families
Fijians are renowned for their respect and love of the family. You and your family will be genuinely welcomed and you will return home with fond memories of the friendship and helpfulness offered. Younger children will be nurtured and cared for leaving you able to enjoy adult activities. Older children will be presented with opportunities to learn about Fiji, its culture and history in a fun and informative fashion. Teenagers will have a variety of activities in which to indulge. Spend your family holiday in Fiji.